Information included in South Australian Women Writers is sourced from the full range of AustLit's information sources, including the National Bibliographic Database, and a number of specialist sources. These include:
– The Mortlock Library of South Australiana and the Children's Literature Research Collection at the State Library of South Australia
– Rye's Bibliography of South Australian Verse, A Survey and Appreciation, 1840-1934
– Paul Depasquale's A Critical History of South Australian Literature, 1836-1930
– Debra Adelaide's Bibliography of Australian Women's Literature
– Margaret Murphy's Women Writers and Australia
– Marcie Muir's Australian Children's Books : A Bibliography : Volume One, 1788-1972
– Marcie Muir and Kerry White's Australian Children's Books : A Bibliography : Volume Two, 1973-1988
– Kerry White's Australian Children's Books : A Bibliography : Volume Three, 1989-2000
– Sneja Gunew's (et al.) Bibliography of Australian Multicultural Writers
– an unpublished bibliography of South Australian writers compiled by Ola Laszkiewicz, a former librarian at the State Library of South Australia.
– Anne Chittleborough, Rick Hosking and Graham Tulloch's Bibliography of South Australian Women Writers.