'I’m very pleased that #UNFUNDED Issue 20 has arrived to celebrate a decade of Mascara.
'My thanks to all our contributors to the journal and to our editors, especially Jo Langdon and our intern, Zachary Ward.
'We remain grateful to the Australia Council and to the writing community for their strong support, past and present in social media and for our activism.
We are seeing new literary journals such as The Suburban Review, Pencilled-In and platforms such as Feminartsy emerge to support writers in the margins, suggesting the continuity of discourses necessary to sustain and foster diversity.
'A serious editorial is to follow here soon; meantime, we hope you enjoy some of the excellent work in these pages ….
Only literary material by Australian authors individually indexed. Other material in this issue includes:
- But Sundays by American poet Jessica Dionne
- At Least this Music and Shark Eye, February by American poet Jenna Cardinale
- Poems by American poet Darren C Demaree
- Offshore by UK writer Kay Sexton (Short story Prize winner)
- Hayley Scrivenor reviews We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo
- Robert Wood reviews Annihilation of Caste by Ambedkar, introduced by Arundhati Roi