Type of Media
Regional newspapers and radio
Access for Researchers
- Radio talks: Henri J. Worland's talks on Warrnambool history given over radio 3YB, transcripts, typescripts and booklets, 1947-1948
- Newspapers: "Warrnambool Examiner", one edition from 1851, remainder 1853-1872 (incomplete)
- Index for the "Warrnambool Examiner", 1853-1872
- Clippings index for the "Warrnambool Standard", 1872-present
- Collection of articles by Bruce Morris, editor of the "Standard" from 1946 to 1968, on local history topics
- Extensive clippings collections (some of which have been compiled into booklets and published) on a wide range of subjects, e.g. activities of Warrnambool Council, Warrnambool Waterworks Trust, the 1896-1897 Warrnambool exhibition, local hotels, etc.
The society has limited access possibilities for researchers, and will conduct requested research for a fee.
The affiliated Warrnambool Family History Society has further newspaper material.
Victoria, regional newspapers, radio, Henri J Worland, Bruce Morris, 3YB
Warrnambool and District Historical Society
2 Gilles Street, Warrnambool, Vic 3280. Postal address: PO Box 731, Warrnambool, Vic 3280
Phone and Fax
Ph +61 (3) 5561 0099
Website Link 1
Website Link 2