Only literary material by Australian authors is individually indexed.
Other material in this issue includes:
- First page picture: 'An Aboriginal of the Kimberley District, Western Australia' photograph lent by Mr C. Price Conigrave accompanying poem: 'The Last of His Tribe', .
- Poetry: 'The Singers' by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (q.v. ) 101-102; 'The Mill of Life' by J. A. Bowen with (unattributed) illustration: 'An Old Watermill', 107-108.
- Fiction: 'A Clever Dog' extract from Saint Nicholas by B. M. FitzAustin with (unattributed) photograph: 'A Fox Terrier', 100-101; 'Two Ways of Telling A Story; Part II' by Jean Ingelow (q.v.) with (unattributed) illustration: 'On He Comes, Running Lightly', 102-105.
- Prose: 'Anecdotes of Washington' (unattributed) with (unattributed) illustration: 'George Washington (1732-1799)' 98-99; 'The Children Who Saved Hamburg' (unattributed) with (unattributed) illustration: 'The Docks at Hamburg', 105-107; 'The Prince and the Judge' (unattributed) with illustration: 'He Walked Quietly Off' from a picture by C. W. Cope in the House of Lords, 108-109; 'Why Boys Should Not Use Tobacco' (unattributed), 110; 'Obedience' (unattributed), 110-111; 'The Faithful Wives' (unattributed), 111.
- Song: 'See Where the Rising Sun' by Nagell, 112.