'Melbourne Dreaming is both a guide book and social history of Melbourne, and the events and cultural traditions that have shaped local Aboriginal people's lives. It aims to show where to look to gain a better understanding of the rich heritage and complex culture of Aboriginal people in Melbourne both before and since colonisation...' (Source: Melbourne Dreaming, 2014:vi)
This revised edition of Melbourne Dreaming includes:
- a variety of landscapes from beaches, parklands, camping places, historical sites, exhibitions, cultural displays and buildings – arranged into seven precincts
- sites in the city, surrounding suburbs and outer areas
- historical sites like shell middens, scarred trees, wells, fish traps, mounds and quarries
- significant sites of colonial contact
- sites that are the focus of contemporary life.