Type of Media
Regional newspapers, radio and television
Access for Researchers
- Newspapers: "The Area News" (Griffith) April-December 2003; "The Australian Senior", 2003; "The Riverina Leader" (Wagga Wagga) January 1980-December 1995, January-June 2004, January-December 2005; "The Riverine Grazier" (Hay) 1873-1940, 1941-1957; "Southern Cross" (Junee) 2000-2004; "The Standard", April-December 2004; "The Tumut Advertiser", May-December 2004; "The Victorian Senior", 2000; "The Wagga Wagga Advertiser" and "The Daily Advertiser", 1868-January 2008 (also negatives and photographs, including from "Rural News"; certificates and plaques); "The Wagga Wagga Express", 1858-1859; "West Australian Senior", 2005
- 2AAA FM, Wagga Wagga: meeting papers, newsletters, photographs, correspondence, reports, etc., 1975-1982
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) Radio Riverina, Wagga Wagga: radio transcripts, notebooks, 1992-1999, 2001-2005
- AMV4 Television, Albury: news film and news film diary, 1967-1968
- Riverina TV (now Prime), Wagga Wagga: news film and news scripts, 1970-1982
- Other: Australian Broadcasting Tribunal papers, Wagga Wagga and Riverina FM Stereo Broadcasters, c1990-1992.
- Papers of journalist Ernest Lapthorne and press photographer Tom Lennon Junior ("Daily Advertiser", Wagga Wagga).
- See website for more detailed description of archives.
Archives staff recommend consulting with them on access conditions before visiting the archives. Basic assistance with research can be provided - fees apply.
Riverina, regional newspapers, news, ABC, 2AAA, FM radio, AMV4, Riverina TV, Australian Broadcasting Tribunal, Ernest Lapthorne, Tom Lennon
Charles Sturt University Regional Archives and University Art Collection
Blakemore Building, CSU South Campus, College Ave, Wagga Wagga. Postal Address: Locked Bag 588, Wagga Wagga, NSW 2678
Phone and Fax
Ph +61 (2) 6925 3666, Fax +61 (2) 6925 3992
Website Link 1
Website Link 2