The material on this page is available to AustLit subscribers. If you are a subscriber or are from a subscribing organisation, please log in to gain full access. To explore options for subscribing to this unique teaching, research, and publishing resource for Australian culture and storytelling, please contact us or find out more.
Series:form yLove and WarSydney:Australian Broadcasting Commission,196781093471967series - publisher film/TV
A series of television plays, based around the theme of 'love and war'. All of the self-contained episodes were produced at the ABC's Gore Hill studios by John Croyston, but not all of them were written by Australian script-writers.
Only those works by Australian script-writers are individually indexed on AustLit. The full list of episodes and broadcast dates is as follows:
1. Man of Destiny (George Bernard Shaw): 6 September 1967
2. Sergeant Musgrave's Dance (John Arden): 13 September 1967
3. O'Flaherty VC (George Bernard Shaw): 18 September 1967
4. The Brass Butterfly (William Golding): 27 September 1967
5. Intersection (Michael Boddy): 4 October 1967
6. Construction (John Croyston): 11 October 1967
Number in series:6
Held at:National Archives of Australia National Archives Library