Kaytetye is an Aboriginal language from Central Australia. As well as a means of communication, the language is a storehouse of cultural and kinship knowledge, of ancestor stories and history. This landmark publication is the first comprehensive dictionary of the Kaytetye language; it is the result of many years' work by linguists working closely with native speakers.
The dictionary contains:
● the most extensive list of Kaytetye words and their meanings yet published
● more than 8,000 Kaytetye example sentences illustrating their use
● an extensive English finder list to enable Kaytetye words to be found quickly
● an introduction to the Kaytetye kinship system
● information about Kaytetye culture and beliefs
● extensive information about the flora and fauna found in Kaytetye country
● a map of Kaytetye country
● a guide to spelling and pronunciation
Source: www.iadpress.com (sighted 21/05/2012).