'Yarning Strong : Professional Support:
- Considers a range of literacy pedagogies including reciprocal teaching, literacy circles, critical literacy and the Four Resources model for each title in the series.
- Provides background information specific to each title to assist with forward planning.
- Includes planning and assessment ideas linked to the Australian Curriculum: English.
- Includes Professional Support CD-ROM and Behind the Stories DVD
This Professional Support manual has been designed to offer multifaceted practical support for teachers, by providing:
- background information written by Indigenous educators, covering such things as: how to handle sensitive issues, using correct terminology, and comprehensive information about Aboriginal languages
- themes, text types, focus questions, links to Learning Areas and pedagogical approaches.
- comprehensive lesson plans for each novel with teaching and learning strategies based on the Literacy, Literature and Language strands in the Australian English Curriculum.' (Publication summary)