' The Christmas Story. Beautiful, simple, inspirational...and not just for Christians. Actually, it's not all that simple either. It turns out there are a few burning Christmas-y questions to tackle:
• Who told the Christmas Story in the first place?
• Why did they leave the donkey out?
• Did the nativity really happen in a stable or in someone's spare room?
• Three kings, or an unspecified number of wise men?
• And where does the rowboat come into it?
'With the help of expert consultants the Biblical scallops, we hear all about the gospels and who wrote them. And what happened next. And how it's a story for all of us, that we can all have a part in.
'This is a gorgeous, funny, gentle-hearted retelling of the most famous story of all that also tells the story of the story itself. You'll want to read it aloud together, and sit down alone with it. You'll want to give it to the people you love, and get an extra one for yourself. It will be your favourite festive book this Christmas and every Christmas.' (From the publisher's website.)