Only literary material by Australian authors individually indexed.
Other material in this issue includes:
- First page picture: 'My Birds', picture of a Wedge-Tailed Eagle and one of a Blue Wren .
- Poetry: 'My Birds' by Wilfrid Gibson ; Forget-Me-Not (unattributed) illus., 132; 'Morning' by Milton, 133; 'A Nonsense Tale' by A. A. Milne in London Punch, 138-139; 'Piping Down the Valleys Wild' by William Blake (1757-1827) 140; 'Rose and Root' by J.J. Platt (q.v.) in A Senior Book of Verse, edited by W. J. Glover, 143; 'The Days Too Short' by W. H. Davies, 144.
- Prose: 'Useful Birds Near Home' [Unattributed] illus., 130-131; 'The Death of the Bird' (unattributed) illus., 137-138; 'The One-Legged Starling' (unattributed) from Sea Breezes, the newspaper of the Ministering Children's League, Victoria, 139-140.
- Fiction: 'The Blackbird', from My Beautiful Book of Legends by Christine Chandler, illus., 132-133.
- Song: 'Contentment', composed by Mozart, 143; 'Lady Moon', music by Harvey Worthington Loomis, 144.
- Notices: Spelling Tests (Victoria); Price of The School Paper, 133.