'It's Christmas Eve and something big is on the way. The weather report says it's a monster and it's headed straight for Davey's home town. What will be left of Davey's family and Darwin on Christmas day?' (Publication Summary)
- Character page: introduces the main characters in the story.
- Illustrated content page: a feature that can be used with students as a pre-reading entrance into the text.
- Fascinating facts: information about interesting historical events fictionalised in the narrative.
- Reflecting on: comprehension question and nonfiction book list to learn more about the time period.
- Illustrated glossary: difficult words are defined and illustrated in a glossary.