'Sarah has her hands full getting her fidgety little sister ready for New Year's Day––the day Australia becomes a Federation! Rushing out to watch the parade, she is about to meet a boy with a starry-eyed vision for Australia's future ...' (Publication Summary)
- Character page: introduces the main characters in the story.
- Illustrated content page: a feature that can be used with students as a pre-reading entrance into the text.
- Fascinating facts: information about interesting historical events fictionalised in the narrative.
- Reflecting on: comprehension question and nonfiction book list to learn more about the time period.
- Illustrated glossary: difficult words are defined and illustrated in a glossary.