'Molly has a problem being taken seriously – by the boys in the lolly shop and by her boss at the soap factory. Then Molly meets Edwina Buddle, who tells her that women all over Australia are standing up to be heard ...' (Publication Summary)
- Character page: introduces the main characters in the story.
- Illustrated content page: a feature that can be used with students as a pre-reading entrance into the text.
- Fascinating facts: information about interesting historical events fictionalised in the narrative.
- Reflecting on: comprehension question and nonfiction book list to learn more about the time period.
- Illustrated glossary: difficult words are defined and illustrated in a glossary.