Founded in 1912 by Harry Clay, Harold T. Morgan and A. R. Abbott, Clay's Bridge Theatre Company was set up in order to build and operate the Bridge Theatre in Newtown, Sydney. Under its auspices the company controlled Clay's Sydney suburban circuit, and at various times in later years, his south-west N.S.W. and Hunter Valley circuits, along with inner city venues such as the Princess Theatre, Gaiety Theatre and the Coliseum (North Sydney).
By the early 1920s the company had 17 shareholders. Following Clay's death in 1925 the company continued its association with vaudeville for another five years before closing down and moving into theatre and property leasing. Renamed Clay's Theatres Ltd in the 1930s, the company was controlled by H.T. Morgan and Sons (solicitors), possibly in association with Clay's widow Catherine.
While no information regarding other property's or interests has yet been forthcoming, the company is known to have retained ownership of the Bridge Theatre (renamed the Hub) up until 1966. Clay's Theatres Ltd is believed to have folded not long after the sale of its flagship property.