'The Burra Record began as the Northern Mail, established by partners Henry Pether and Frank Jarman. In June 1878, the local schoolmaster-turned-shopkeeper and Town Clerk, Frederick Holder, took over the newspaper. He was still running it following his entering Parliament in 1887. Interestingly, the newspaper was initially run by a committee. Holder was managing editor, but three colleagues scrutinised the subject matter. In 1881 Holder started up the Terowie Enterprise as an offshoot of the Record.
'Holder was successful in the new venture, and was one of many newspaper owners who followed their political views in print by standing for Parliament. In 1892 he became Premier. The Record was sold to Peter Murrie of Gladstone in 1890, and after his bankruptcy it passed to William Jenkin Davey.
The Burra Record continued until March 1977 when, with the Orroroo Enterprise, the newspaper was taken over by the Port Pirie Recorder to become the Review-Times-Record. At the time of its demise, the Burra Record was run by Messrs R. E. and A. J. Angel.'
Source: SA Memory website, http://www.samemory.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?c=2616