Type of Media
Radio and television
Access for Researchers
- Television: film and video tapes in a number of formats:
- This includes archival material from regional television stations, primarily Prime Television and its local predecessors NEN and ECN (news, commercials, telethons, music and other programs). Mainly from the 1970s and 1980s, but also footage going back to 1964 of the station being built, and up to the 2000s (e.g. 40 year history in 2005), 1964-present
- Radio: audio tapes in several formats:
- This includes material from regional radio stations, such as 2TM Tamworth and 2You-FM Tamworth: interviews with local residents and other people of interest, country music awards, programs on local history, and so on, mid-1970s-present
- Equipment: collection of film, video and audio tape machines for playing different formats
The archive was established in 1995 as the New England Film and Sound Archive and was re-named the Tamworth Regional Council Film and Sound Archive in 2011.
Catalogues, one for film and video tape, and another for audio tape, are available on the website.
The archive is in the process of digitising some of its video tape collection.
New England, Tamworth, Prime Television, NEN, ECN, 2TM, 2You-FM, equipment, news, commercials, music
Mr Bladen Brooke
Ray Walsh House, Tamworth Regional Council, Peel Street, Tamworth, NSW 2340. Postal address: PO Box 184, Tamworth, NSW 2340
Phone and Fax
Ph +61 (2) 6762 0605
Website Link 1
Website Link 2