Type of Media
Access for Researchers
- Bound volumes on site, more recent editions boxed or bundled in storage: 'Australian Gourmet Traveller', June 1982-present; 'Australian House and Garden', December 1948-present; 'The Australian Women’s Weekly’, June 1933-present (also microfilm 1933 to early 2000s); ‘Belle’, June 1972-January 1997; ‘The Bulletin’, January 1881-January 2008 (also stored in other formats for sections of its history: CDs, microfiche, microfilm, cover art negatives); ‘Cleo’, November 1972-present; ‘Cosmopolitan’, May 1973-present; ‘Dolly’, February 1972-present; ‘NW’, October 1993-present; ‘TV Week Sydney’, July 1958-present (some bound volumes for Victoria and South Australia); ‘Woman’s Day’, August 1948-present
- Miscellaneous copies of a large variety of other magazines, mid-1990s-2000s
- Off site: about seventy other ACP titles, dating from 1903, are held in off-site storage
- ‘The Bulletin’, bound volumes from 1880, card indexes 1962-1997 with gaps; ‘The Australian Women’s Weekly’, card indexes 1966-1997 with gaps; ‘Cleo’, 1973-1974
- Card indexes of contributors to magazines
- Tyrrell’s photo collection (from Sydney studios of Charles Kerry and Henry King 1880-1910): prints, negatives, guide to collection
- ‘TV Week’ Logies negatives (and some prints), 1959-2002
- Files and boxes of photographic prints of various events, people and time periods
- Various ‘Bulletin’ books, e.g. ‘The Australian Family’ (1976); ‘Australia Day’ edition (1988), annuals, etc.
- Various special ‘Australian Women’s Weekly’ collections, e.g. on Princess Diana, the Bicentenary, photograph collections, etc.
Bauer Media Group (formerly Australian Consolidated Press Magazines) publishes more than 60 titles in Australia. It was formerly a division of Nine Entertainment Co. until 2012.
Access for researchers is limited due to lack of space and staff to guide outside researchers.
Bauer Media Group, magazines, "The Bulletin", "Australian Women?s Weekly", "Cosmopolitan", "TV Week", Logies, indexes, photographs, Tyrrell's
Ms Evol Ferguson, Bauer Media Group
54-58 Park St, Sydney, NSW 2000.
Phone and Fax
Ph +61 (2) 9282 8516, Fax +61 (2) 9126 3710
Website Link 1
Website Link 2